Status: Part-time, non exempt
Benefits: Not Included
$18-$20/hour depending on experience estimate 24 hours per month
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Executive Artistic Director
MOXIE Theater seeks a highly detail-oriented individual with strong communication and organizational skills for the position of Accounting Associate.
This person is responsible for the management and oversight of MOXIE’s accounting activities. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task and should have a strong understanding of GAAP and nonprofit accounting.
Chief responsibilities include –
● Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting operations for a budget averaging $150-$400K annually. Includes but not limited to: Includes but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, taxes, journal entries, reconciliation, cash flow, month end process.
● Maintain and enter information in unrestricted and temporary restricted accounts.
● Manage financial information by classes for approx. 4 performances per season and several programs.
● Track, enter, manage financial information for prepaid expenses, deferred revenue, pledges, depreciation, cost allocation, etc.
● Responsible for managing receivables and payables.
● Ensure that accounts payables and closings are performed in a timely manner.
● Monitor and report on financial performance relative to budgets and forecasts to the Director.
● Prepare and report payrolls for worker’s compensation biannually.
● Establish and maintain systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial reporting systems, processes and data, and recommend upgrades/replacement to keep abreast of the latest information technology.
● Track, compile, enter, and prepare financial information for grant reporting.
● Coordinate and work closely with auditors, when needed.
● MS Office and QuickBooks knowledge and experience
● Non Profit Accounting/Financial experience.
● Strong verbal and writing skills.
● Understanding of GAAP, financial statements (cash flow, budgets, P/L, balance sheet), operational reporting information and requirements
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform.
● Cover letter
● List of three references