Playwrights Project seeks an Administrative Assistant to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) in a fast paced and intellectually stimulating environment. The position is responsible for coordination of the front office, bookkeeping, implementing social media, and ticket sales, and provides clerical support for all areas of the organization (including fundraising, marketing, and programs).
- General office: answers phones, sorts and routes emails and mail, maintains master calendar, maintains office equipment and inventory of supplies, copies, files, and other clerical support
- Data entry: maintains general mailing list on databases (Donor Perfect and Constant Contact), tracks participation statistics and enters evaluation data (Excel)
- Bookkeeping: writes checks, makes deposits (Quickbooks), prepares contracts\invoices, compiles spreadsheets, and supports payroll (payroll company)
- Coordinates ticket sales to schools and the general public
- Administrative support: assists with mailings, prepares documents and reports for meetings, schedules meetings, maintains RSVPs, takes minutes
- Fundraising support: assists with culling data for reports and helps with special events
- Marketing support: handles the distribution of postcards and press releases, organizes press clippings and online media, and coordinates social media (email newsletter, FB/IG/Twitter, blog, website)
- Programmatic support: coordination of contest entries, front of house activities at performances, copying of program materials, scanning and tracking writing from participants
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must be an excellent communicator; able to work independently, as well as with others.
- Must be forward looking and eager to jump in and help. A strong work ethic is a must.
- Knowledge of general office practices
- Must be technically astute and comfortable with social media. Computer proficiency in the following programs is required: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Google Suite. Familiarity with the following is preferred: Quickbooks, Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Dreamweaver.
- Due to the hands-on nature of this role, the Administrative Assistant will need to work in-person at our office in Kearny Mesa, where we implement proper social distancing procedures.
Pay Scale: $14/hour.
Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Administrative Assistant in subject line. Seeking immediate hire; position open until filled.