Since 1985, Playwrights Project has been empowering people of all ages and backgrounds to voice stories through theatre, inspiring individual growth and meaningful community connections. Programs include playwriting programs in schools and disenfranchised communities (such as those impacted by foster care, immigration, military, incarceration, and recovery), training programs for educators, a statewide playwriting contest for youth, community performances, and professional productions of our Plays by Young Writers Festival (winning scripts from the contest) and our Mosaic Program (plays by adults in our community programs).
Playwrights Project seeks an Administrative Assistant to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) in a creative and intellectually stimulating environment. The position is responsible for coordination of the front office, bookkeeping, management of social media, and ticket sales, and provides clerical support for all areas of the organization (including fundraising, marketing, and programs).
- General office: answers phones, sorts and routes emails and mail, maintains master calendar, maintains office equipment and inventory of supplies, copies, files, and other clerical support
- Data entry: maintains general mailing list on databases (Donor Perfect and Constant Contact), tracks participation statistics and enters evaluation data (Excel)
- Bookkeeping: writes checks, makes deposits, reconciles bank statements (Quickbooks), prepares contracts\invoices, compiles spreadsheets, and handles payroll (payroll company)
- Oversees ticket sales to schools and the general public
- Administrative support: assists with mailings, prepares documents and reports for meetings, schedules meetings, maintains RSVPs, takes minutes
- Fundraising support: assists with grant requests and reports, and helps with special events
- Marketing support: handles the distribution of postcards and press releases, organizes press clippings and online media, and manages social media (e’blasts, Facebook, Blog, website)
- Programmatic support: coordination of contest entries, front of house activities at performances, and copying of program materials
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must be an excellent communicator; able to work independently, as well as with others.
- Must be forward looking and eager to jump in and help. A strong work ethic is a must.
- Must be technically astute and comfortable with social media. Computer proficiency in the following programs is required: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the Internet. Familiarity with the following is preferred: Quickbooks, Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Dreamweaver.
Pay Scale: $12-$14/hour, depending on experience.
Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Include Administrative Assistant in subject line. Seeking immediate hire; position open until filled.