The Development Associate provides support to and works in collaboration with the Director of Development. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization and therefore it is imperative that the person in this role be dedicated to providing the support needed by the Director of Development to assist in securing the resources necessary to fund Cygnet’s Artistic and Arts Engagement programs.
Grant Writing and Management
- Research grant opportunities and other possible funding sources for the organization.
- Prepare and write corporate, foundation and government grant applications.
- Maintain and follow calendar of due dates for grant proposals and reports.
- Write and manage all grant reports.
Donations and Donor Data Management
- Support the management of the donor database and infrastructure to effectively manage donations, which include data entry, acknowledgements, queries, report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics.
- Assist with logistics and other duties as needed related to all fundraising events.
- manage direct mail campaigns and volunteers.
- Send acknowledgements to donors on a continual, timely basis.
- Generate query-driven reports reports from the database software upon request.
- Provide historical context of donor relations, where available.
- Prepare and write content for materials used to support direct mail campaigns, gift acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Demonstrate a loyalty to the organization and a commitment to its missions and goals.
- Staff point person for auction at annual fundraising Gala.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all transactions.
- Maintain a positive attitude during periods of stress and challenge.
- Adhere to all organization policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent attendance and communicate in timely manner any absences from work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of three years of previous work experience required with at least one year experience in the fundraising field.
- Excellent, proven proposal writing, analytical, and database management skills.
- Experience managing the City of San Diego Commission of Arts and Culture grant cycle preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Energetic and motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Can be depended on to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a level of professionalism when interacting with donors and volunteers.
Note: This position will require occasional availability on evenings and/or weekends.
Compensation: Full-time position. Salary range $45,000 to $50,000 based on experience. Benefits included.
To join our team – send a resume, writing sample and a cover letter to Development Director Marinda Peugh at email@example.com.