Reports to: Managing Director, EAD
Works with: Managing Director, Production Manager
Salary: Monthly Stipend
Facilities Manager shall work in conference with the Managing Director and Executive Artistic Director to maintain that the Diversionary Theatre Facilities needs are met in a timely manner and within budget. A key team member in maintaining the quality of the Diversionary experience, the Facilities Manager will also help preserve and keep clean the Scene Shop and Mainstage Theatre.
Facilities Manager Core Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ongoing facilities upkeep, including: Lightbulb replacement, supply inventory and reordering, window and screen cleaning, sweeping exterior pathways and carport, light weeding and mulch replacement
- All small and light repairs around the facility including bathrooms, theatres and offices
- Special projects and light carpentry as assigned by Managing Director or Executive Artistic Director
- Engage and schedule vendors and contractors for larger special projects, including but not limited plumbers, painters, electricians and general contractors.
- Managing all special projects to make sure they are completed in time without effecting the THEATRE’S Production schedule and are within budget.
- Communicate regularly with the Managing Director and Executive Artistic Director to ensure they are informed about all things concerning the facilities and projects and timelines.
- Maintaining a tidy work space during all projects and returning spaces to the same condition or better after completion of any work.
- Contribute to a professional, friendly work environment for staff and guest artists that strengthens Diversionary and the business of theatre entertainment.
- Remain current on best practices in facilities management.
- Actively contribute to Diversionary Theatre’s overall image, brand and fulfillment of its mission
Diversionary Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and people of color encouraged to apply.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.