Reports To: Marketing Director
Pay Range: $22 – $26/Hour
Location: 4040 Twiggs St, San Diego, CA 92110
Status: This is a full-time, hourly position. Box office hours of operation are Monday through Sunday, 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM. Due to the nature of our business, ideal candidates will be available 40 hours a week during these hours, with weekend, evening and holiday availability required.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the day-to-day operation of the Front of House staff, including House Management, Box Office, and Concessions; and liaise with the Administrative staff, including Artistic, Production, Financial, Marketing, Development, Learning and Engagement, Human Resources, and Operations.
- Manages the interviewing, hiring, and training of Front of House staff
- Schedules Front of House staff and monitors timesheets
- Serves as direct report / support to all House Managers, Lead Patron Services Representatives and Concessions Managers / Leads
- Assist Department Heads and Leads in their daily operation and projects
- Organizes and optimizes Front of House documentation, workflow, and inventory
- Analyzes all Front of House Performance Reports and End of Day Reports to produce clear and effective solutions as needed
- Organizes and Facilitates all Front of House projects and meetings
- Updates all Front of House calendars in a timely and consistent manner
- Evaluate all Front of House staff in conjunction with department leads through time-sensitive reviews
- Ensures an excellent patron experience at all performances.
- Present for all major events both on or offsite including Opening Nights, Gala, and talk backs
- Upholds Cygnet Theatre’s Open-Door Policy by acting as the direct representative that handles confidentiality, comments, questions, and issues for all Front of House staff
- Supports Marketing and Information Technology through the tracking, proofreading, and fact-checking of all Cygnet Theatre websites, posters, postcards, programs, rack cards, and emails
- Supports Development by Managing each show’s opening night for cast, crew, and staff and communicating correspondence from donors
- Supports Outreach and Events by booking and assisting special events and performances including, but not limited to, Student Matinees and Sensory-Friendly Performances.
- Supports Human Resources in communicating employee rights, benefits, and policies
- Collaborates with Facilities to maintain cleanliness and safety in all areas of Front of House
- Enforce all Cygnet Policies, Mission Statements, Commitments, and Core Values
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 3 years minimum management experience in the realm of theatre
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Organized and capable of multitasking with attention to detail
- Experience in using Theatre Manager or another CRM and ticketing database
- Experience in End-of-Day responsibilities such as til balancing, cash bank management and credit card settlements, as well as a basic understanding of Merchant Accounts and current PCI compliance
- Possesses advanced knowledge of software including, but not limited to, Search Engines, Web Browsers, Windows Operating Systems, Macintosh Operating Systems, Volgistics, Kyoo, Square, Homebase, Gusto. Microsoft Suite (especially Excel and Word), WordPress, Evolis ID Systems, other customer relationship management systems, and other inventory management systems
- Demonstrates technical expertise of hardware including, but not limited to, Badgy ID printers, Postage Meters, Brother MFC printers, SentrySafe fire-safes, BOCA printers, Portable digital RF receivers, RF transmitters, Apple Devices, and Central processing units
- Understands basic Visual and Performing Arts jargon, especially in Theatre Arts
- Understands basic operation of electrical circuit breakers, Guillotine paper cutters, electrical outlets, insulation, pressure washers, utility ladders, dollies, industrial dusters, trash pickers, temperature scanners, and plumbing
- Commits to Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity, Accessibility, and Respect
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by an approved FDA vaccine is a condition of employment
- Memorizes basic information regarding Emergency Action Preparedness (EAP), Basic Life Support (BLS) and fire-safety systems including, but not limited to, fire extinguisher, fire alarms, security alarms, crash bars, cable locks, emergency evacuation plans, and OSHA’s general industry standards
- Maintains easy access to basic information over applicable protections, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to, California State Parks, City of San Diego’s Park and Recreation Department, Actor’s Equity Association (AEA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), International Alliance of Theatre Stage Employees (IATSE), Screen Actors’ Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act (Unruh).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Interested persons should email resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to: [email protected].
Cygnet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.