Title: HR/Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full time, permanent.
About Cygnet Theatre: Founded in 2003, Cygnet Theatre is a leading regional company and one of San Diego’s cultural icons. Each year, Cygnet Theatre creates an eclectic mix of 6 or 7 main stage productions, from classics to world premieres to Broadway-style musicals. On stage and off, Cygnet Theatre is dedicated to bringing the best performances to San Diego. Beyond its work on the stage, Cygnet provides educational and outreach programs to youth, emerging artists and Military communities around San Diego County.
Mission: Believing in the power of theatre to startle the soul, ignite debate and embrace the diversity of the community in which it serves, Cygnet Theatre Company is fearlessly committed to the dissection, examination and celebration of the human story through the medium of live theatre.
Summary: Cygnet Theatre in search of a multi-talented professional to work as office manager and payroll specialist. Cygnet Theatre is a professional live theatre company located in Old Town San Diego. Qualified candidates will have at least 2 – 3 years of experience in the areas of payroll processing, benefit administration and office management. Must be proficient in MS Office including Excel and have a good understanding of accounting systems and control.
Job Objective: Under the Executive Director’s supervision, this position is accountable for a wide variety of HR/Payroll support and administrative activities. Tasks include running the office functions, assisting the Executive Director and other administrative staff as needed, running weekly payroll, managing timecards, benefit administration as well as light bookkeeping. The ideal candidate must be friendly, extremely organized and have great attention to detail.
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides clerical support to Executive Director and other admin staff.
- Maintains files and records, processes employment applications, gathers and distributes employee information.
- Updates personnel records and assists employees with forms and procedures.
- Provides direction to employees in the areas of benefits, payroll processing and pre-employment screening.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Payroll Coordinator.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office are essential.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and processes required.
- Experience with Gusto Payroll, TSheets and QuickBooks online preferred.
- Ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Loves Theatre.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement plan with company match
- 12 days per year vacation and 3 days sick Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
Interested persons should email resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Cygnet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.