PAY RATE/STATUS: $19.00-$22.00 per hour DOE / Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Theatre & Artistic Director, the JCo Communications & Education Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure of JCompany is running effectively and efficiently. The incumbent in this role will execute a variety of administrative tasks with a specific focus on the coordination and implementation of the education curriculum for JCompany Youth Theatre and all that encompasses it. The JCompany Communications & Education Coordinator will work on the strategy and implementation of all marketing/PR, recruitment and outreach for each production, audition, educational programming and the company as a whole.
- BA in Theater, Business, or Event Management is preferred but not required.
- Two or more years administrative and customer service experience.
- Ability to manage budgets, cash flows and work with accounts payable/receivable.
- A strong interest in theater and a passion for the promotion of Youth and Educational theater programming.
- Experience working with children ages 4-19.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, with skill in Excel, and the ability to maintain and manipulate databases.
- Knowledge of marketing with proven written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- Strong writing and communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a positive team player.
- Diplomacy in dealing with a variety of personality types, and a positive attitude towards working with a diverse population.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining a positive demeanor when working with children and volunteers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on excellent customer service and the security of members and patrons.
- Basic knowledge of Jewish culture is also desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for productions.
Please Note- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Requires long periods of sitting and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting up to 50 lbs. is required (moving props, setting up rooms for events)
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application and attach your cover letter/resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Generous Paid Holidays
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership that gym/pool access and discounts on after-school and summer programs
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Flexible Work Schedule