PAY RATE/STATUS: $62,500-$65,000 per year DOE / Full-Time, Exempt
Working closely with and reporting to the JCompany Artistic Director, the Managing Director is responsible for the overall budget, funding and development for JCompany Youth Theatre and The Garfield Theatre. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for the scheduling of the theatre space for both JCC programs within and outside rentals. The Managing Director will act as the liaison to the variety of other programs that utilize the theatre, while providing continuous support to parents, students and volunteers who are the foundation of the JCompany program and its productions.
- BA in Theatre, Business, or Communications is preferred but not required.
- Two to five years current administrative and customer service experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage budgets, cash flows and work with accounts payable/receivable.
- A strong interest in theatre and a passion for the promotion of Youth and Educational theatre programming.
- Experience working with children ages 4-19.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, with skill in Excel, and the ability to maintain and manipulate databases.
- Knowledge of marketing with proven written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- Strong writing and communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a positive team player.
- Diplomacy in dealing with a variety of personality types, and a positive attitude towards working with a diverse population.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining a positive demeanor when working with children and volunteers.
- Successful prior experience in professional performing arts, customer service, or donor relations is desired.
- Basic knowledge of Jewish culture is also desirable, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for productions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Requires long periods of sitting and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting up to 50 lbs. is required (moving props, setting up rooms for meetings, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application and attach your cover letter/resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership