Reports to: Executive Artistic Director & Managing Director
Works with: General Manager, Artistic Producer, Director or Arts Education and Outreach, Production Manager, Business Manager
Status: FTE regular, Exempt
The Marketing Director spearheads the creation and implementation of all external communication and marketing materials, including but not limited to, managing the marketing calendar of the theatre, designing and drafting all e-blasts, maintaining the website, managing all social media marketing and initiatives, working with partners on advertisements and trades, and serving as primary internal graphic artist.
Marketing Director collaborates on planning and implementation of promotion of the annual Mainstage subscription season, one night and short run performances in the Clark Cabaret, and the New Play Development Center, as well as the Arts Education and Outreach department.
Marketing Director works with the Development Director, Managing Director and Executive Artistic Director to maintain accurate and up-to-date recognition of donors in all locations including but not limited to the website, signage, and digital displays.
The also work with the Development Director, Managing Director and Executive Artistic Director to renew and sell subscription packages and provide excellent customer service to subscribers and single ticket holders.
The Marketing Director may also assist with special events that engage Diversionary’s diverse community of patrons, artists, staff, volunteers and donors, including but not limited to Opening Nights, Cabaret events, special donor events, and assist on an annual Gala event. These events and experiences increase the public’s understanding and awareness of the importance of Diversionary and the private support needed to fund its programs and initiatives.
The Marketing Director also works with the Managing Director in the creation of any performance playbills, digital lobby and external signage displays, bar menus, and table side promotions.
Areas of responsibility and duties include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain an active and vibrant presence on social media outlets
- Draft and devisearticles for Diversionary program, website, and blog.
- Collaborate with staff on the creation and implementation of Cabaret displays.
- Assist in the promotion of the Mainstage Season and Cabaret on website, emails and social media platforms.
- Attend first rehearsals, and work with cast and creative team members to gather images for promotion of shows on social media as well as work with cast on execution of engagement projects involving them
- Schedule and attend photoshoots and some preview performances as needed for content for promotion on e-blasts, website, and social media
- Attend special events surrounding Mainstage productions and Cabaret shows to gather content and/or coordinate with present staff in the capturing of content.
- Coordinate and maintain archives of images and photos of theatre activities
- Maintain an active understanding of current best practices for social media, email and digital advertising and outreach.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to stay current on theatre activity and participate in EDI conversations as related to our Anti-Racist Action Plan
- Work with the Director of Arts Education and Outreach in planning, implementing and soliciting students and promoting Arts Education programming.
- Act as inhouse graphic artist to produce marketing assets for each season’s show art
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the Mission and Values of Diversionary Theatre
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Diversionary audiences and artists
- Contribute to a professional, friendly work environment that strengthens Diversionary and the business of theatre entertainment.
- Actively participate, engage in, and contribute to all Audience Engagement & Marketing activities, meetings, and planning
- Uphold and contribute to Diversionary being anti-racist institution and safe space for all community members
- Remain current on all best practices in the promotion on a not-for-profit arts institution
How to Apply:
Diversionary Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and provider; women and people of color encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should apply via email to [email protected]onary.org with the job title in the subject line. Applications should include a cover letter and resume.