Christian Youth Theater (CYT), is a National Organization serving thousands of families across the nation.
Manages the theatrical rental department which includes sets, costumes, and props. Maintains inventory and calendar and interfaces with clients directly. Builds customer database to grow rentals revenue by marketing the theatrical rental business.
Immediate Supervisor: Production Shop Manager and Costume Manager
Job Classification / Hours / Location: 25 hours/week | Part-Time, hourly, non-exempt, 11:30 – 5 PM M-F. All hours are performed at our HQ location at 1545 Pioneer Way, El Cajon, CA 92020.
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Experience working in the theater business required; knowledge of theatrical assets
● Proficiency in Google Docs/Sheets required
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office a plus
● Experience using Slack and/or Trello/Asana a plus
● Proficiency in Quickbooks a plus
● Organized and Detail oriented
● Exceptional communication & collaboration skills with team members on multiple levels
● Tenacious, self-starter, must be able to work independently
● Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
● Ability to operate a forklift preferred
● First point of customer contact for all rental clients including phone, in person, and email management
● Generate rental contracts for costume and scenic rental clients
● Coordinate and administer theatrical walkthroughs, pick up and return appointments for both scenic and costume department
● Pull items from inventory for rental client appointments
● Calendar Management for walkthroughs, pickup, & returns
● Maintain/update rentals Trello board and calendar
● Update/organize/manage prop loft in conjunction with production shop
● Inventory Management using Sortly Pro inventory system
● Coordination with Production & Costume Managers for availability of items
● Create estimates and Invoices for all theatrical rentals using Quickbooks Online
● Maintain and update online Rental Catalog
● Rental marketing to obtain new clients
● Demonstrate an understanding of CYT’s Mission Statement and Values by incorporating them when performing job related tasks.
● Adhere to CYT’s code of conduct.
● Acknowledge CYT’s goal to conduct all business through the lens of strong, moral character and agree to perform all job related duties in support of this goal.
● Ability to work well with other people as a leader and as a team member.
● Maintain the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
Christian Youth Theater develops character and creativity in kids of all ages through quality theater arts training that brings families and communities together while reflecting the Creator.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Managing Director – Laura Bertagnolli at email@example.com. Ms. Bertagnolli can also be contacted at 619-588-0206 x506 with any questions about the position.
CYT HQ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CYT HQ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CYT HQ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CYT HQ’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.