Jazz Bands! Rock Bands! Theatre performance! Our Youth Arts Academy has it all, and we are seeking a standout individual to lead the program! Being part of Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito, this Program Manager’s background would include at least this combination of experience and education:
- At least 2 years in a manager/supervisory role
- At least 2 years working in a youth-services organization
- Bachelor’s degree in the performing arts, business, or other related field, or some combination of the above work experience and education.
This is an in-person role located at our Polster Clubhouse in Carmel Valley (San Diego) – Mon- Thurs, 11am- 5:30pm, and Fri, 9am-5:30pm. The role is also FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS...and oh do we have an AMAZING BENEFITS PACKAGE!!! After a 30-day/1st-of-the-next-month waiting period, you become eligible for these benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, 13 paid Holidays, 15 days accrued vacation over 12 months, sick time, legal services, Identity Theft monitoring, and Pet Care Insurance! Also, 401k is available after 1 year, with an employer match at 100% up to 5%!!
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND TO email@example.com BOTH A COVER LETTER AND RESUME DESCRIBING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION AND HOW YOU WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL.
What is YAA all about? YAA offers music classes, rock band classes, private lessons, dance classes, and musical theater programs. You can check out more details here on our website: https://bgcsandieguito.org/programs/youth-arts-academy/
What does the YAA Program Manager do? This role ensures that youth ages 5-18 have access to a myriad of quality programs designed to stimulate growth and creativity while expressing themselves through performing arts. Sounds cool, doesn’t it?! And wait until you see these talented youth perform! WOW!
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the YAA Program Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of YAA. This includes planning, marketing, recruiting, implementing, supervising and evaluating YAA programs. Your primary focus would be on maintaining membership levels and supervising staff, driving effective service delivery while growing community involvement, managing budgetary constraints, and developing fundraising opportunities.
For more details of the day-to-day workings of the job, take a look through this list:
1. Manage YAA budget and financial resources and support the development of the annual program budget by providing accurate budget projections.
2. Learn and utilize the designated registration system to manage billing, registrations and reporting effectively and accurately. (EZ Facility)
3. Responsible for the hiring and scheduling, and the support and supervision of 5-10 music instructors.
4. Organizes parent/guardian communications to coordinate and schedule private and group music lessons for youth members ages 5-18.
5. Develop and maintain accurate inventories of all music equipment and plan for equipment lifespan.
6. Responsible for new equipment procurement (purchases and/or donations).
1. Through Marketing and Public Relations increase visibility of YAA programs via social media, posting marketing materials, and developing announcements of upcoming events.
2. Steward the operational vision of YAA and actively seek collaborations with local school administrators, music teachers, and stakeholders; anyone of special interest in helping to advance the mission of YAA.
3. Positively represent BGC San Dieguito and YAA through all community interactions.
1. In keeping with the Formula for Impact objectives, oversees the daily operations of YAA programs, services, activities, and events.
2. Provide day-to-day leadership that mirrors the adopted mission and core values.
3. Demonstrate strong leadership skills while helping prepare Instructors and youth for success.
4. Provide oversight and leadership to help maintain the appearance, cleanliness, and organization of YAA’s program spaces; responsible for the daily opening, cleaning and closing procedures.
5. Participate in staff and leadership meetings; conduct Instructor trainings and meetings as needed.
6. Ensure a productive work environment and seek inclusion of music instructors’ input on programming.
1. Support the design and content of YAA’s core program offerings: private music lessons, group music lesson, rock band, jazz band, and musical theatre.
2. Spearhead and effectively implement YAA programs, services, and activities for youth, including the development and implementation of new arts and music programs.
3. Manage and evaluate quality in Youth Arts Academy program activities and development.
4. Support Instructors in the design of dance, rock, jazz, and concert band performances.
5. Organize and coordinate parent volunteer groups to support performances.
6. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of these Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Register new members and participate in their club orientation process
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Develop reports to illustrate YAA outputs, outcomes, and stories of impact.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
1. Collaborate with the COO and CEO to establish the YAA Annual Operating Plan and program goals.
2. Accurately project program outputs: adjust programs and activities to help meet goals.
3. Supervise the conduct, safety, security and development of members and staff.
4. Develop guidelines and processes to support accuracy and efficiency in processes; instructor and youth attendance, participation in events, sign-in/sign-out procedures; feedback from parents; monthly scholarship tracking.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, the arts, or some other related field.
Minimum of 2-3 years’ demonstrated experience or equivalent in related field working at a manager level in a youth-service organization. Demonstrated experience in non-profit organization and knowledge of performing arts programs highly desirable. Combination of education and related experience applicable.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid CA driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must have or be available to obtain CPR and First Aid certification (will provide training).
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening and background clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and schedule a calendar of events.
- Knowledge of youth development, performing arts programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Communicate effectively with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a good sense of prioritizing, time management, and follow through.
- Relationship building and teamwork skills.
Please send BOTH a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to help us get to know you better and learn how you may be the best candidate for this position!
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito is an equal employment opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.